Manual Steering Gearbox Rebuilds
PowerSteering.com offers professional rebuilding of your manual steering gearbox. Here’s what is included:
- The steering unit is cleaned and inspected for external damage and physical function.
- Then it is disassembled, cleaned again, and inspected for internal damage and wear.
- Shafts are reconditioned and polished or replaced.
- All parts are solvent cleaned and prepared for reassembly.
- The unit is reassembled with new OEM (original equipment manufacturer) seals, bearings and other parts as needed.
- All settings and adjustments are set to factory specifications.
- Final testing is performed for function and leaks.
- Standard detailing includes priming & painting the unit. Optional “Extreme” detailing takes the unit down totally to bare metal. Primer is applied then the bare housing then sprayed with “cast” paint. Custom colors and finishes available.
NOTE: If a unit is non-rebuildable due to damage or extreme rust, the customer is notified of their options:
- Return the unit to the customer
- Supply the customer with a rebuildable core unit for an additional charge.
- Other possibilities
How it Works:
Getting Your Manual Steering Gearbox Professionally Rebuilt Is As Easy As 1-2-3!
- Remove your manual steering gearbox
- Bring or send it to PowerSteering.com (please see our shipping guide).
- Once we complete our professional rebuilding process, your manual steering gearbox will be returned and ready for re-installation.
BONUS For Gearbox Rebuilds! Removal and replacement of your pitman arm for no extra charge.
- Manual Steering Gearbox Rebuilds: From $239.00
- Standard Detailing: Included at no charge (priming & painting)
- Extreme Detailing: $49.00 (takes the unit down totally to bare metal. Self etching primer is applied then the housing is sprayed with “cast” paint. Aluminum and steel parts are glass bead blasted and clear coated.)
FAQ: Can you change the ratio of my manual gearbox:
In some cases, and with Saginaw gearboxes only. However, a faster ratio will require more effort (muscle) to turn when parking,etc., so its not something we recommend. Call if you would like to discuss your application.
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
PowerSteering.com warrants all power steering products remanufactured by PowerSteering.com to be free of defects in materials and workmanship as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle and the component was installed to factory specifications (excluding commercial vehicles*). PowerSteering.com agrees to repair or replace (at their discretion) any remanufactured unit or component that fails due to material or workmanship.
This warranty does not apply to units or components that fail due to installer and/or operator negligence, accidents, alterations of factory specifications, changes in adjustments, disassembly, inappropriate installation or failure to flush the power steering system prior to installation.
PowerSteering.com will not pay labor claims, shipping charges, or claims of compensated damages. Warranty claims must be accompanied by a copy of the receipt.
*Commercial vehicle units are warranted for a period of 12 months with the same stipulations as non-commercial vehicles.